Elle is finally here! She arrived about 10 days late...but made an exciting entrance on May 29th @ 12:09 PM. She weighed 8.0lbs and was 20 inches long. After several days of me thinking that I was going into labor...she finally made her move and arrived rather quickly. I had a doctor's apt. and they were talking about inducing me if she didn't come over the weekend...and 5 minutes after I left that appointment...my water broke while driving down the highway with Luke in the back seat! I quickly drove to Keith's work...picked him up...and less than an hour later Elle was in my arms! She came so fast and furiously that there was no time for an epidural even though I was begging for one because the contractions were a minute apart. The anesthesiologist walked into the room taking his sweet time explaining everything to me...and then suddenly I yelled at him "your too late" and I started pushing and 2 pushes later...she was out! I couldn't believe it. It was quite an experience...and nothing like Luke's arrival.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Raising alittle Elle!
Elle is finally here! She arrived about 10 days late...but made an exciting entrance on May 29th @ 12:09 PM. She weighed 8.0lbs and was 20 inches long. After several days of me thinking that I was going into labor...she finally made her move and arrived rather quickly. I had a doctor's apt. and they were talking about inducing me if she didn't come over the weekend...and 5 minutes after I left that appointment...my water broke while driving down the highway with Luke in the back seat! I quickly drove to Keith's work...picked him up...and less than an hour later Elle was in my arms! She came so fast and furiously that there was no time for an epidural even though I was begging for one because the contractions were a minute apart. The anesthesiologist walked into the room taking his sweet time explaining everything to me...and then suddenly I yelled at him "your too late" and I started pushing and 2 pushes later...she was out! I couldn't believe it. It was quite an experience...and nothing like Luke's arrival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Congratulations! Love that dark hair.
ReplyDeleteI think that's what it would take for me to have a natural childbirth. I always want one, but I'm a big fat pansy!!! So, logistically speaking, what happens when your water breaks in your car? Mine broke in the hospital while I was in labor with Zeke, and it was DISGUSTING!!! I was SO happy I wasn't at home in my nice clean bed or something.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's so awesome. You're so blessed that it happened so fast! She's adorable! Congratulations. :) Oh, and I'm with Des, how's your car?
ReplyDeleteCongrats :) I have been waiting for this post and been thinking about you!! She's beautiful! Hope the recovery is as quick as the delivery.
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures! Great updates on the side.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! I know you are super busy these days but I have tried calling a couple of times and haven't caught you :( I will try you again soon. I hope everything is going okay and you are starting to feel better. Looks like we will be coming around July 17th so we will get to meet her soon! Talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete