And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen

Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Reading Cubby




Not sure if I ever mentioned this or not...but we had a very unfinished storage space under our staircase that was pretty much dangerous and off limits. We decided to fix it up and make it a place for the kids to read and play. Prior to this there was no wall on the left side...it was exposed to the basement stairs so if you crawled in there you could fall into the basement...nice huh? Apparently their was no building code in the 80s when our house was built. Anyway...Keith built a wall, wired it for electricity, installed little lights, sheet rocked and painted it, built bookcases in the wall, and installed wood flooring a long time ago. We finally did the finish work around the bookcase and floor and I decide to take a picture of it. The kids have loved this secret room under the stairs and so do their friends.

1 comment: